Navigation Advanced Common Sense home page Advanced Common Sense home page Consulting services
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
montevec

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a newbie in user testing. I have a simple question: the book RSME describe how to do user test on pc, where i can find instruction or test case about user test on other device like mobile phone?

Accept any suggestion :)

Thank's alot
/paolo 
mhannan

Reply with quote  #2 

Hi Paolo,

I'm quite new to Usability and UX as well. And working on a project that require user testing on certain Mobile Apps. I am following the basic principles of PC based user testing and applying those with testing the mobile apps.

If you are inclined toward recording the test sessions digitally, do a quick google image search on "mobile usability" and start digging!

Though I'm trying to address your concern couple of months after it was posted - hoping someone with more experience will shed some light into it; or ever other newbies like ourselves can share their approaches.

Thanks,
MH.

montevec

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi MH,
i'm very happy that someone has replied my post. During this months I found some suggestion about Usanility Testing on mobile device.

Those are my suggestion:

- I found only one app to record the screen session in Apple device, and only to record browsing not app interaction -> UX Recorder (i think there's not a way to record app interaction via software);

- here there is a way to make a custom frame (form your mobile phone) made of acrilyc.

- cheap and good cam are: IPEVO 2 VIEW and IPEVO POV

Have you any suggestion about recording software? 

Bye
/paolo
UXNerd01

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello,

One way to test mobile websites and apps is creating a mobile sled. Take a look at this article for creating your own mobile usability sled. http://www.90percentofeverything.com/2010/05/07/quick-tip-make-your-own-iphone-usability-testing-sled-for-5/

Thanks,
N
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.