Navigation Advanced Common Sense home page Advanced Common Sense home page Consulting services
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Steve Krug

Proprietor/Landlord
Reply with quote  #1 
Welcome to my forum! Just a few points, before you get started:
  1. This forum is about do-it-yourself usability testing. Posts about anything else will probably be moved to an "Off-topic" section.

2. I'll read everything you post, but... Just to set the right expectation: I'll chime in as much as I can, but I know I won't be able to reply to every question. Please don't take it personally.

3. Play nicely with others. I expect everyone will be friendly and supportive, in the best spirit of the Interwebs. (Remember: There was a time when you didn't know everything, either.)

If you act up, that large gentlemen over there will show you to the door, and your picture will be posted on the wall so you don't get in again. All rules not covered here I reserve the right to make up, arbitrarily, on the spot.

4. Yes, Virginia. You have to register to post. But it's easy, and it gives you the option of contacting each other directly via email (to make fun of me behind my back, for instance).

Thanks.

Steve

singasongonceaday

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Steve,
I read your book (2nd edition) with great interest and really enjoyed it. You don't have to write back to me and thousand thanks for reading my email.

Steve, this advice is really well intended and you are the expert, but I really think you should rewrite "Don't make me think" and use new websites (uber.comairbnb.com). The websites you use are ancient. Nobody designs websites like this anymore. And so what you have to say feels a lot less relevant when you analyse websites that wouldn't stand a chance nowadays anyway.

But I should be brief. You were, so I should show you the same courtesy.
I really enjoyed your book. It is a great book.
Thanks for reading this.
Regards,
Heide

Steve Krug

Proprietor/Landlord
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by singasongonceaday
I really think you should rewrite "Don't make me think" and use new websites (uber.comairbnb.com). The websites you use are ancient.

Thanks, Heide! You're absolutely right. I did finally write a new (3rd) edition--with new examples--about six months ago. It has a reddish cover, and title changed slightly: Don't Make Me Think, Revisited.
thirdeye462

Reply with quote  #4 

Steve and Heide,

I finally made a first post on a blog which reflects this necessity, namely reviewing modern websites. This is my first post: http://interfacereview.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/google-com-review-january-1st-2013/. Don't Make Me Think is my favorite book on design. This post reflects some of the same ideas.

Let me know what you guys think, and whether I should continue on this path.

Steve, I'm going to start reading your latest book shortly in order to get more inspiration.

Thank You,
Dmitriy

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.